Microsoft Power BI has scored the highest position and has been placed as leader in Business Intelligence (BI) by The Forrester Wave.
This past July 29, 2019, The Forrester Wave released their Enterprise BI Platforms (Vendor-Managed) Q3 2019, where they compared and evaluated 14 significant business intelligence platforms available in the current market.
In this blog, I’m going to show you the criteria of the evaluation and how Power BI scored in the top of the charts.
The Forrester Wave selected 19 of the most relevant features a BI must provide and decided to compress them in 3 categories:
This part evaluated, from 0 to 5.00, the features that all 14 BI platforms offer and their live performance efficiency:
- Augmented BI, the improvement and latest updates of the system.
- App building/customization, the ability to adapt and provide personalized features.
- Architecture, the BI’s design and how easy is to use.
- Big data, the high volume of information that can handle.
- Data prep, the act of easily manipulate big data.
- Deployment options, the activities and procedures that make in order to run.
- GUI (Graphical User Interface), the accuracy and understandability of the generated graphics.
- Mobile: Performance in other devices.
- Security: the security of a public cloud that does not compromise control.
- Systems of insight, predictions and general intelligence of the system.
This part represented a 50% of the final score. Microsoft Power BI got the highest average score: 4.60; proving that their platform excels in every aspect and provides all the necessary features in an easy, familiar way.
This category gathered information from each vendor and valued the general commercial strategic performance of every BI platform based on their history: Commercial model, delivery model, execution road map, innovation road map, partner ecosystem, past performance, product vision and supporting products and services.
Microsoft, tied with Oracle, scored an average of 4.50. This part of the test also represented 50% of the final score. Leaving Microsoft with a total score of 4.55 and putting Power BI immediately at the top of the competition.
This category did not influence any of the scores above, yet, it represented the position every BI platform has in the BI market based on revenue.
Microsoft Power BI has a 5.00 score in this evaluation, letting us know that its presence is very substantial inside the market and that many companies had put their trust in it.
“You no longer need to be shy about using Microsoft Power BI; it’s a killer BI platform.”
Those were the words The Forrester Wave used after placing Power BI on the top of the leader’s chart. They recognize it as a first-class citizen among other large BI platforms. Addressing it as leapfrogging, due to the impressive high jump it took over the competition in relation with the previous report.
Power BI exceeded The Forrester Wave’s expectations and we hope it might outdo yours as well by integrating it to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations.
Pangea Group is committed to seamlessly integrate your business into Microsoft certificated systems and solutions. Our team of knowledgeable consultants will assist you through your business operations.
I hope this blog has provided helpful information about The Forrester Wave report and Power BI
To learn more about Power BI, Dynamics 365 and Pangea Group please go to https://www.grouppangea.com/
Latest posts by Daniela Leyton (see all)
- Key benefits of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations in the Forrester report - October 1, 2019
- Pangea’s Localization Solutions for Microsoft Dynamics 365 LATAM fix multi-national hindrances - September 11, 2019
- Power BI exceeded everyone’s expectations! - August 13, 2019